Instructional Technology Trainer
WELCOME TO MY SITE
I hope the resources you find here will be helpful to you and your students.
As a veteran educator, I have been working with students and teachers to promote the integration of technology into the K-12 curriculum for many years. My current position in the Instructional Technology Department of the Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools provides many opportunities for me to utilize my skills to support Library Media Technology Specialists in their efforts to develop 21st Century skills in our students and teachers to promote learning. My career has included service as a teacher, a media specialist, & as an instructional technology specialist and has earned such honors as the Milken National Educator Award, Georgia Media Specialist of the Year, and Adobe Education Leader.
As a part-time consultant for Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools, my duties include:
- Deliver individual, small, and large group workshops for educators on photography, videography, web design and other creative uses of instructional technology to support curriculum.
- Ideas and lesson plans to assist teachers in working with technology tools for student-produced media.
- Training for educators as to how to evaluate student-produced media to encourage high quality projects.
- Assist personnel in schools with management of video broadcasts, as well as training and ideas for enhancing and expanding their usage of multimedia production.
- Provide local assistance and support by phone and email for video production and multimedia production questions and problems.
- Promote and provide instruction for schools to conduct a school-level Student Media Festival through individual, small, and large group classes.
- Plan and develop instructional resources for schools to participate in the Georgia Student Media Festival.
- Serve as coordinator for the district-level competition, work as a judge at the state competition in Macon, and help plan and implement the SCCPSS district-wide Student Media Festival Awards Ceremony in May, 2020.